Cadillac prices new the 2016 ATS-V from $61,460

ATSVFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions

Cadillac dealers have begun accepting orders for the 2016 ATS-V - the brand's inaugural luxury compact performance car starting production this spring.

Available in sedan and coupe forms, the twin-turbocharged ATS-V offers a dual-purpose luxury performance experience: a car with true track capability straight from the factory with sophisticated road manners.

Powered by the segment's highest-output six-cylinder engine - the Cadillac Twin Turbo rated at 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 445 lb-ft of torque (603 Nm) - the ATS-V achieves 0-60 performance in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 189 mph. The Cadillac Twin Turbo engine is backed by a six-speed manual - with Active Rev Match, no-lift shifting and launch control - or a paddle-shift eight-speed automatic transmission featuring launch control and Performance Algorithm Shift.

"The V-Series is the ultimate expression of Cadillac's re-ignited product substance and the passion at the core of our brand," said Johan de Nysschen, Cadillac president.

"The ATS-V expands the V-Series lineup, bringing a new kind of performance character to Cadillac. Lightweight, agile and potent, the ATS-V will make an ideal pairing with the larger and even more powerful all-new 2016 CTS-V midsize sedan, which arrives later this summer," he said.

In the U.S., the 2016 ATS-V sedan carries a starting price of $61,460 and the ATS-V coupe is priced from $63,660. Consumers can order ATS-Vs now through dealers and begin specifying their own ATS-V online at www.cadillac.com in April.

Additional performance technologies built into the ATS-V include:
  • Brembo high-performance brake system developed for track-day performance capability straight from the factory
  • Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control, which delivers 40 percent faster damping response
  • Integrated chassis controls that provide balanced performance for touring and the track, including class-exclusive Performance Traction Management
  • Tri-compound tires offering excellent grip with extended tire wear
  • Available downforce-generating track aerodynamics package
  • Standard carbon fiber hood

An available Performance Data Recorder allows drivers to record high-definition video, with data overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track, enabling sharing on social media.

More than just a desirable road car, the ATS-V will also become Cadillac's entrant into the world of motorsports. Even before the new car hits the showroom, Cadillac Racing's new ATS-V.R racecar will begin the Pirelli World Challenge GT 2015 season March 7-8 at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas. Cadillac Racing is the three-time defending manufacturer's and driver's champion in the series, which features legendary marques such as Audi, Ferrari and Porsche.

The ATS-V will be assembled at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant in Michigan.

Editors' note: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment.

Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. Today, Cadillac is growing globally, driven by an expanding product portfolio featuring dramatic design and technology. More information on Cadillac appears at www.cadillac.com. Cadillac's media website with information, images and video can be found at media.cadillac.com.

Rinzler

Reactions
I am really excited about this car.

I plan to purchase one in the fall.

In the mean time, I plan to attend the Dallas auto show in late March. I will be sure to post plenty of pics of this beautiful car.

ATSVMike

Reactions

In the mean time, I plan to attend the Dallas auto show in late March. I will be sure to post plenty of pics of this beautiful car.
If you able to sit in it, let us know how the Recaro seats feel.

RonATS

Reactions

Can't wait to see those pictures.

Rinzler

Reactions
If you able to sit in it, let us know how the Recaro seats feel.
I doubt that's possible.
A couple of years ago, I was at my local dealer and they had a CTS-V on the lot. I asked if I could sit in it and they politely refused. They said something about wanting to keep it pristine for whoever actually buys it.

Reactions
Welcome from Austin, I might try to head up there for the car show too. I went to the one down in Houston earlier in the year and they didn't have the ATS-V.